Thursday, July 23, 2009

Still on Track!


Well, here it is, Day 2 and I am blogging again! So, YAY for a 2 day streak! Let's hope I can keep it up!

Maddybug had her 6 month well baby today. Yes, she will be 7 months on the 29th. But that is the base clinic for you! Madison has made a DRASTIC improvement with her weight! She went from 11 pounds at 2 months to dropping 2 pounds down to 9 pounds at 4 months. But now, now she is a whopping 15 pounds 6 ounces! The Dr is VERY happy with her weight gain! She is getting back on to her growing curve! She is in the 25% with her weight! And her length! She is 25 1/2 inches long! Her head circumferance is in the 50%! She is doing fantastic! The Elecare formula has really been helping! Her reflux is still really bad. She is throwing up all the time. But, between the Elecare formula and the Prevacid, she is gaining weight. Which at this point is all that matters. She should start outgrowing the reflux soon. I hope anyway. We are going through burp cloths like crazy! And the smell of that formula to begin with isn't so pleasent. Imagine after it comes back up. Just nasty! I can't even imagine what it feels like for her. But, she is a HAPPY baby!!!

I brought up a few concerns with the Dr today. She confirmed it, Maddy has Eczema like her brother and sister. I figured as much. I have spotted a few patches that have gotten worse over the past few weeks. Especially in the diaper area. I also noticed a few lumps under her skin that had me a bit worried. The two on her legs the Dr said are normal. She had her 6 month shots a week and a half ago, and the lumps are right where the shots were. She said they would go away over the next few weeks. She is a tad concerned about the one on her shoulder area. She said it is in an odd spot for a swollen lymph node, but that is what it feels like. She is keeping an eye on it and we will see what it is like at 9 months.

She wants Maddybug to be on baby food 3x a day now! She has been eating cereal and a fruit for lunch and a veggie and fruit for dinner. But now she wants me to add cereal for Breakfast too! I am sure Maddy will be VERY happy with that!

So, at 6 months(well, almost 7 months!) Maddy;
can sit up unassisted for several minutes. She slumps over after a few, but it is progress!rolls over both directions. It is her means of getting around. She rolls across the floor!
babbles and *sings*. Yes, I say singing!! lol!!! she plays with the pitch of her voice and thinks it is funny! I love it!has 2 teeth on the bottom and I think there are a few more coming in next to them. Nothing on the top yet.
drinks from a sippy cup as well as a bottle.
enjoys apple juice once in a while.grabs toys and passes them back and forth!
pinches things to pick them up! We are just starting to try Cheerio's!
enjoys watching her brother and sister run around and play. She loves it! I know she wants to join in already! Soon enough Maddy! Don't rush momma!is a complete daddy's girl! She LOOOOVES her daddy!!! She lights up whenever she see's him!
loves to be in her Mei Tai! I love that thing!!! She falls asleep very easily in it! I still can't believe she is over half a year old now!!!!

So, life has been fantastic here! Pretty busy! But, not overwhelming! Adam is going TDY again in the beginning of August. He has to go up to Jersey for a week and a half. I am not looking forward to it, but it could be worse. My sister called me last night though and she is talking about coming down with her boyfriend for that time! So, I am hoping she does, I could use the company while Adam is gone! And I haven't seen her in over a year! So, it will be nice to have her here! Hopefully it works out and they can come!


Adam and I just celebrated our 6th Anniversary! I still can't believe it! It doesn't seem like it has been that long, yet it seems like we have been together FOREVER! In a good way of course! We were planning on going out for the night while up in New York. I wanted to go to a resort or a Bed and Breakfast for the night. But, the military changed those plans and canceled our vacation. So, we ended up just staying home and not doing much. Actually, Adam got sick that day. We were at least going to go out to dinner. With the kids of course. But then he wasn't feeling so well and we had gone home. He was pretty sick for the rest of the day. But, we still had a nice evening together. We stayed up all night watching movies together :) It was nice! For our anniversary we really bought gifts for both of us together. We bought a new bedset, a new point and shoot camera, and since we re-arranged our living room and the surround sound wouldn't hook up right, we bought a wireless surround adapter for the living room. I told Adam it would be an anniversary gift! Lol!

So, there we have it for today. I am off now to go fill out Madison's baby book! And I have a bit of cleaning to do, clothes to go through, and *hopefully* Madison will cooperate for me and I can get her 6 month pictures in today!

blog siggy2
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails